C&T Auctioneers and Valuers Ltd is registered in England, company number: 11139760, registered office: Unit 4 High House Business Park, Kenardington, Ashford Kent TN26 2LF.
Vendor Terms and Conditions
1. The vendor confirms that they have the legal right to sell any item consigned to C&T Auctioneers and Valuers.
2. Vendor agrees to pay the agreed commission rate for selling through C&T Auctioneers and Valuers.
3. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers have the right to withdraw any item from the auction and return to the vendor. Any unsold lots needing to be returned, will be subject to a cost payable by the vendor.
4. If the vendor wishes to withdraw an item from the auction after being catalogued, they will be liable to incur a charge of 18% commission of the lowest estimate value, this charge being subject to VAT.
5. C&T Auctioneers will pay the Consignor the net proceeds received and collected from the sale of the property 30 calendar days after receiving payment from the buyer, after deducting its commissions.
6. In the event of non-payment by the buyer, C&T Auctioneers in its sole discretion may cancel the sale and return the property to the Consignor. C&T Auctioneers shall not under any circumstance be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting to Consignor as a result of a breach or failure by the buyer.
Buyer Terms & Conditions
7. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers at no point are the legal owners of the lots offered in our auctions. We act solely as an agent between the Vendor and the Buyer.
8. The highest bidder of any lot will not become the legal owner of the lot until all associated fees have been paid to the Auction House, this includes any fees charged by the auction house.
9. All successful bids are subject to buyers premium, this is charged at 22% + VAT (26.4% inclusive) for buyers in the auction room or bids left with the auctioneer pre-sale. Buyers bidding live on the C & T auctioneers website using the bidpath bidding system will be no additional charges. If buying from the-saleroom.com the premium will be 26.95% + VAT ( 32.34% inclusive). Some auctions held by C&T Auctioneers and Valuers may have different premium rates, this will be clearly noted in printed catalogues or auction terms posted online, please make sure you check this before taking part in the auction.
10. When registering for our auctions you may be required to provide proof of identity and address. If registering for absentee or telephone bids a form of payment method must be left with the auctioneers.
11. It is the responsibility of the bidder to insure that all absentee bids are left with the auction house at least 24 hours before an auction takes place. No bids will be accepted on the day of the auction, unless you are known to the auction house or have an agreement with the auctioneer. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers are not responsible for any errors on a bidding sheet. C&T Auctioneers make every effort to insure all bids left are placed on the auctioneers book, however we cannot accept reliability for any failure to receive or place any bids.
12. If two identical bids are left on one lot, the bid received first will take preference.
13. Telephone bids will only be accepted for lots with a bottom pre sale estimate of £100 or more. Telephone bids will only be accepted for lots with a pre sale estimate of under £100 if you are bidding on multiple lots which equal over £100 or are known to the auction house and have an agreement in place. International bidders we will only accept telephone bids on lots with a pre sale estimate of £250 or more. Telephone bids can only be accepted up to 24 hours before the sale.
14. Bids are accepted solely at the auctioneers discretion. The auctioneer has the legal right to re-open any lot in the auction, even if the hammer has come down. Any bids left via a third party, including a online bidding platform, are not classed as absentee bids and are taken as if a room bid. This may mean that the maximum bid you have left will fall on the bidder in the room, C&T Auctioneers and Valuers are not liable or responsible for any failure for your bid to be executed. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers are also not responsible for any error or problem with any bidding platform software used in the room or at the bidders location.
15. Conditions stated of items are the opinion of the cataloguer for the auction house. It is advised that interested bidders should view items in person or ask for condition reports of any defects. Condition will not be accepted for a reason to return a lot.
16. Some items may be referred to as “gold grade”, this does not mean that the item is made of gold, please make sure you check with us before bidding.
17. Originality of items offered for sale in C&T Auctioneers and Valuers are the opinion of the specialist employed by the auction house. All bidders should make sure that they are happy with the originality of any item they intend to bid on. Live room auctions are not covered by The Sales of Goods Act.
18. Any statement made in the description of a lot is the opinion of the specialist cataloguer and will be either from evidence he or she has at the time of writing the description, this may also be information provided by the vendor of the lot. We advise all bidders to confirm this information before the auction takes place.
19. If bidders and buyers who are not experts in the lots they are interested in, we would recommend that they seek independent advise on the lots and the value before bidding.
20. All successful buyers in the auction room, must pay and collect their items on the day of the sale unless an agreement is in place with the auction house.
21. If you are successful in an auction with an absentee, telephone or internet bid, you will be invoiced, normally within 72 hours of the auction taking place. This invoice will normally include a shipping quote. These invoices are sent via email and have an attachment. Once you have had this invoice we require full payment within 7 days, unless another arrangement has been made with the auction house. Items must be collected from C&T Auctioneers and Valuers within 7 days of payment being made, unless agreement is in place with C&T Auctioneers and Valuers. Failure to make payment will result in being barred from bidding on the C&T Auctioneers website and, in some instances, may also result in being barred from bidding on The Saleroom.com.
22. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers offer an in house postal service for most auctions, unless stated. If we are not offering shipping for an auction we will state this at the start of the auction and in the auction catalogue. However if an item(s) are too large or need specialist shipping methods, this will be conducted by a third party firm.This also relates to lots of a certain value.
23. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers are not responsible for any damage caused when items are in transit with postal / courier firms. We are also not responsible for any package sent either by ourselves or any third party company which is lost in transit.
PLEASE NOTE C&T AUCTIONEERS AND VALUERS ARE NOT A SHIPPING COMPANY, WE WOULD ASK ALL BUYERS TO BE PATIENT AND ITEMS ARE DEALT WITH ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
24. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers declare the full value of any lot sent to international buyers. We are not responsible for any customs import charges of the country of destination. It is the buyers responsibility to make sure they can legally import the item into their country. We advise international buyers if they are not sure of any import issue, to obtain independent advice.
25. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers accept the following methods of payment, Cash in UK £’s sterling (up to the equivalent of €9,000 owing to money laundering regulations), Bank Transfer, Debit Cards and Visa / Mastercard credit cards, AMEX not accepted (We only can accept payments on credit cards for payments less than £500). Bank Transfers (Please note that if paying by this method the amount received after the deduction of any bank fees or currency conversion of payment to UK pound sterling must not be less than the sterling amount payable as set out on the invoice).
26. If you purchase an item and you are not happy with the originality of an item you must contact the auction house within 7 days of receiving the lot(s), it is then solely up to the auctioneers discretion to issue a refund. Proof of error in description may be required, this is the responsibility of the purchaser to obtain this information and any fees associated with this are not refundable by C&T Auctioneers and Valuers. We will only accept information by a professional in the chosen field, we will not accept any information from a private individual or internet collectors forum. Any payment fees or postage fees associated with any lot can not be refunded.
27. If originality of an item is accepted proven after the vendor has been paid for a lot, it is up to the vendor, if they are willing to issue a refund. C&T Auctioneers and Valuers are unable to offer a refund without having an agreement from the vendor. Refunds will only be issued to the purchaser of the item and not if the item has been given or sold to a third party.
28. Items purchased must be posted, collected and removed from our premises within two weeks following the sale. Thereafter a daily storage charge of £2 per lot + VAT at prevailing rate. Continued failure to collect or arrange shipping will result in the goods being sold without further notice and without reserve to recover the costs for storage unless agreement has been made in writing with us.
29. All items sold are sold as collectors items, recommended for display use only and we do not advise or take any responsibility if used for the purpose for which they were designed for.
30. Any lots with the following symbol ^, will indicate that a CITES license will be required before the lot can be shipped outside of the EU.
31. UK:All items are sold under the auctioneers margin scheme.
From the 1st of January 2021 all sales from the UK to EU customers will be treated as exports. These can be zero rated for UK VAT purposes, as currently applied for non-EU countries. But, items depending on their value and nature, may become liable to import VAT (and customs duty where applicable) when entering the EU (This is the responsibility of the buyer).